Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Precious

I am trying to instill a sense of respect for reading in our classroom. The students aren't allowed to lay down on any of the pillows yet. Not until they become...responsible readers. I keep saying it over and over.

Today, I asked the students to read a bee book after they finished their word sort. One of my boys, let's call him Honest One, told me he forgot what a responsible reader was.

It's funny because I haven't really told them the explanation of responsible...I just use the word. But the meaning will come!

I watched him walk around the back of the room. He walked up to another student and asked her, "Do you know what a responsible reader is?"

I was laughing too hard to hear her response.

I think I'll have a lot of fun with this class!

No comments: