Wednesday, August 25, 2010

God's timing

If you are new to my blog, I currently have a student who speaks Mandarin. I do not. However, God has truly been providing throughout all of it!

Tonight I was able to attend a community dinner for those who might just need a free meal or have no place to go. A friend of mine has a passion for the southeastern part of Asia since having been there for several months on a mission team. I knew of the Chinese Church that meets in our town and wanted to see if he wanted to go with me as well. As we were talking, he told me about how his co-worker had just told him about the church. I had heard of it from another person.

***

I decided to go through with the idea of working out afterwards and pulled into the Y parking lot. I did not feel like going in...I just wanted to go home and relax. Begrudgingly, I walked into the lobby and there was a lady sitting in the corner. Not quite why I stopped, but I gave her a second glance and trying to not be as offensive as I knew what was going to come out of my mouth, I asked, "I don't want to offend you, but do you speak any other languages."

My lucky day...because she came back with many languages and Mandarin happened to be one of them. I asked if she could help me translate what my little girl had written that day (and it matched what the guy at the restaurant said - yes...I check my sources). As she and I began talking, it turns out that she attends the church that my friend knew about. I also found out that she happens to work at the same place where my friend is. Yep, you got it! She is his co-worker. She gave me her card and I am so thankful because now I have another source to help translate and explain for my little girl.

What are the chances that I would meet my friend's co-worker less than 20 minutes after talking about her with him?

Thank you, Father, that You truly are a Provider!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Johnson said...

I love how He works in our lives. Yesterday, my husband was on his way home from work at 7pm and called with terrible back pain and wanted to get into a chiropractor right away. I got online and started looking but then found one on his way home. The Dr. answered the phone. He said, it must be God because I am usually not here this late and if I am I don't answer the phone. I had asked the Lord for help and he responded. I love seeing Him at work in our everyday lives.