Sunday, March 7, 2010

Covet vs. Thankful

Today at church, Scott was finishing up a series on the ten commandments. He pointed out a part in Deuteronomy that says, "set your desire on." These words truly spoke to me...so I am making a list. A list of what I covet and a list of what I am thankful for.

I covet
  • kids that call me mom.
  • a house that doesn't have cracks in the wall, that is newer and bigger than mine, cuter than mine
  • a man who adores me and wants to serve me
  • women whose bodies seem more in shape and smaller than mine
  • people who can just be spontaneous and can fly wherever they want, people who are adventurous
  • larger paycheck
I am thankful for
  • students who I get to shower love on daily
  • a house that is cozy, warm, and has lights that work, a pantry of food readily available
  • a Savior who adores me and died for me
  • a body that can move, breathes, and has accomplished quite a bit
  • people who are going to help me get through my fear and walk with me on my journey to Honduras, friends who pray with and for me and support me in all of my endeavors
  • a paycheck that allows me to give, pays my bills, and even has leftover so I can buy things I need
It truly is all about attitude and being intentional in choosing to look at life a new way. When looking at my thankful list, I am way beyond blessed!

No comments: