Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who are you as a reader?

I invited several adults in my school to come share their reading lives with our class. I took their photo and created a reading poster about what they read, where they read, why they read, and what they do as a reader. My reason for doing this? To show my students that readers have different profiles, but these profiles often overlap. I would like to have my students create their own reader profile. I may wait a bit for this and have them do it after we've talked a little more about what readers do and what is available for them to read.

Tomorrow, the students finally get to pick out books from the classroom library...I'm super excited to see how they handle this.

1 comment:

Mrs. Johnson said...

This was an awesome idea! I can't wait to hear what your class thought!