Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Choices...slice of life

I wanted to scream
Instead I took a breath.

I wanted to throw everything off their desks
Instead I gathered the students together.

I wanted to walk out
Instead I dug deep.

Can you tell it was a frustrating day? I'm just tired of interrupting and not being able to present lessons to the class. I'm tired of students being sneaky. I'm tired of giving them a task and having 18 different tasks to monitor. I had a heart to heart...we'll see if it works still tomorrow. However, I had a little piece of heaven...after gym, they came back in and settled in (okay, it took a little bit), but then...BLISS! You could have heard a pin drop. They were reading, chatting with others, buddy reading. Being readers. It was nice!

As I leave school today, I want to remember that time...not the wanting to pull my hair out time!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Before I became a teacher, I was a secretary. I headed back to school for education classes because I was so bored in an office. Same routines over and over.
Well, you can't say that about teaching. Even our emotions are not boring. Within one day we feel frustration, gratitude, helpless, thrilled and on and on.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there---