Monday, September 24, 2007

Deviation

Today I am deviating from my normal classroom talk. Sarah over at Amick's Articles did this and I am copying her because I liked the questions too. They also say that copying can be the biggest form of flattery.

How would someone find you in a crowd? Probably my laugh...or even the fact that I was in a crowd, they would know I was there. The joke is among my friends that they can't go anywhere without me knowing someone.

If you had a secret room in your house what would be in it? I would have a cozy chair, a bookcase with lots of my books that I am currently reading, probably a masseuse too...and you know those chairs at the chiro that you can lay and put your face straight down and rest your arms? one of those too! Basically anything to relax me...

Where do you like to walk to from your house? Normally I run from my house...down a mile and back. But I do like to walk and rollerblade in Winona Lake...a beautiful town that has lots of charm.

How will you change as you grow? I hope I continue to grow in my relationship with Christ, lean on Him more than myself, continue to keep running and pursuing goals that way and become a better teacher. One who reflects and is able to continue to do what's best for my class.

What sort of animal would you like to be? orangutan - they are so cute and I love their expressions...I could sit for hours and watch them.

2 comments:

Sarah Amick said...

Aren't they wonderfully creative questions? Love your responses. Jen is like that in a crowd. She knows everyone. You two should go out sometime and have a contest. I just have people who come up and say, "don't I know you from somewhere?" No, but you probably know my friend Jen!

Sarah Amick said...

Cathy, I am loving this year. I am totally self confident and ready to move forward. The writer's workshop seems like a breeze because I've done that, but the Reader's workshop is so much fun to watch and reflect upon! I love how much my kiddos are accomplishing. I do agree though with how I am ready to move beyond the print strategies and move more into the actual teaching of the comprehension strategies. It will be cool to see!