Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's Happening!

If you do it, it will come. Meaning: Continue with procedures and ideas in reading workshop and the great ideas from the kids will come. During our discussion today, one of my boys couldn't remember what he was going to say...my quietest (and quite possibly the smartest) boy said, "Make it up!" Something I say all of the time. They knew they needed to answer the question. This same boy who couldn't remember what he was going to say, later, was able to put into words what another boy was trying to say. I'm sure it would help if I had written down exactly what was said...the more important thing I am proud of is that my students know they should come up with an answer no matter how long they think and they want to clarify information for others so everyone can understand. I am loving it!!!

No comments: