Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Back!

I've been in Pittsburgh, PA for the past few days. I will put pictures on later! Today, in reading workshop, during our sharing time...one of the girls shared about how she looked at the cover to get her mind ready to read. Before she could call on someone else to share, one boy stopped her and asked, "Why did you want us to know that? What are you trying to teach?" I was dumbfounded that 1) he stopped her to clarify, 2) that she was held accountable. Yay!

During one of my conferences, one of my ELL girls, told me that she figured out the meaning of common by reading on. I'm so proud of her thinking! She shared too in the group. It's so neat to see how far they have come!

1 comment:

Ruth Ayres said...

Yipee! You're back! What a refreshing post -- to see how excited your kids are even though it's May . . . and to know you're excited by the work of your classroom (even though it's May)! Thanks for sharing.