Monday, July 29, 2013

Confession of a Carb Queen

I have to make a confession.  I love carbs.  Love.

And while I make pretty good choices with my fruits and vegetables...it goes the same for carbs.  Too much of a good thing is not always good.

I did what I had to do...and I know there are starving children out there and people who cannot afford food, but I had to throw away the cookies I had bought because I am not using self-control.

Cookies and quick carbs are a trigger food for me.  I know it.  I am going to do something about it.

I also listened to a podcast last night about sabotage words - try, but, wish.

Since I know that they (those lovely Trader Joe chocolate chip cookies) are a trigger food and I am not showing self-control and I know I need to do something about it...instead of saying, I wish I didn't eat them.  Well, now I can't.

And since I know eating in front of the TV is not helpful for me and my journey, I am committing (not trying, but committing) to NOT eating my meals with the TV on.  For a while, I was doing well with that and then I slowly, little by little, began again and wouldn't you know, the old behaviors come back with it.

No more.  At least not this week.  TV off for meals and snacks.


No comments: