Friday, March 8, 2013

Sound

I live by myself. I think that's why I enjoy the tv a bit too much. It's sound for when I am home alone. But when I watch tv, I eat.

Recently, I have been making a few more changes in my life and this week began a week of turning off the tv when I eat food. I am tired of mindlessly eating when the tv is on. Therefore, the tv goes off as I eat.

Sitting here tonight after eating dinner, my house is still filled with quiet.

It's peaceful.

Maybe turning off the tv isn't so bad after all.

5 comments:

Chris H. said...

I love the idea of silence because after raising a family and teaching classrooms full of students over the last 25 years, there has been very little quiet time in my life. I need the quiet to THINK vs. just going through the motions of the day. I am learning to try to step back and find a quiet place, even amid chaos.

Judy said...

It's my husband and me in the house, but there always seems to be noise - tv, radio, music, chatter. I am an early riser and that is my quiet time - it's peaceful, a time to reflect, a time to relax and enjoy no noise. Good for you for turning the tv off.

Anonymous said...

Being aware of what we are doing is the first step towards deciding whether or not it is really what we want to do.
It is good to try on different ways of being for size to see how they feel.

Julie said...

Silence is the best. I love it. I too turn on the TV mindlessly for background noise - but you have inspired me to begin to make changes. It's hard - I'm kind of an addict.

Kay said...

Sometimes I need a bit of silence just to hear myself think. I love music and often have it playin at home, in the car, through headphones, but sometimes I just have to turn it all off.