Monday, March 11, 2013

Do I or do I not?

There it is again...the bubble necklace...

It's on sale...at Very Jane.

Only 9 dollars.

And so begins the internal dialogue.

Do I?  It's only 9 bucks.

Maybe you shouldn't...you just went shopping!

But...it's 9 dollars. 

And look how many colors there are.

But, will it still be in style next year?  What would you wear it with?  You barely wear jewelry as it is.

But, it's 9 dollars!!!

Cathy, say no!  You can spend the nine bucks on other things...

Okay, you win.  I will let this deal pass.

But...9 dollars...

5 comments:

writekimwrite said...

Yesssss...I know this conversation. Only with me it is more like this, "Do you need it?" "No" But I want it!!! Years of buying stuff I like but do not need and really won't use has made saying no easier. That and my over stuffed house.

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

Funny! I think we all have moments such as this- temptation vying with common sense.

CMacWW said...

I have this dialogue too. Generally, it is with chocolate. You have lost 20 pounds, you don't need to gain it back vs. Cadbury creme eggs are only around at Easter time. Or words to that effect. Your piece left a smiile on my face.

Jackie said...

So true!!! I have finally learned that I usually don't need it...even if I want it...it will probably end up forgotten. But...there was the time....oh yes, I bought it and never regret that I did. It is just difficult to know when to say yes and when to say no. Thanks for this fun post. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I've totally done this! But...my conversations always end with me giving in...haha.