Thursday, January 24, 2013

Letting It Go...

One of my biggest struggles has always been valuing what others think about me.  If they were upset with me, if they didn't like me, etc.

There's a certain person at church who I can't seem to understand.  I say hi to them and their response back is never quite friendly.

So, what do I do?

Well, sad to say, I've tried to say hi each week and be friendly and see what happens.

Yep, still an unfriendly tone.

What to do now?

Readers, you'll be glad to know that the next time I see this person, I am not going to feel the need to say hi. If they say hi, I'll say hi back and engage in conversation when and if needed.  But, person who shall remain nameless, what you think of me and if you are kind to me or not DOES NOT MATTER!

Sorry you won't get to hear my funny conversations about kids.  Sorry you won't get to know me better.  Sorry you won't get an encouraging hello.  You must be going through a battle and for now, I will pray that God places others around you who are encouraging, but I won't feel the need to say hi...

Had to vent a little...

And no, it's not you reader!

No comments: