Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Small voice

You know that small voice you hear in your heart and head?  You know that feeling that at the end of the day that remains?  Even after you've tutored a student who is struggling in math, had a student stay after school so he can do his homework because it never seems to come back, when you've had a kid mislead you about a scuffle at recess, when you see the mound of papers and notebooks to read and grade?

The voice that tells you - this is a good job.  This is where you belong.

I heard that voice today.  I needed that voice today.

8 comments:

Deanna H said...

I can so relate! My first post in this slice of life challenge was kind of about those feelings of needing to remember hearing that voice.

I'm glad you wrote this. I loved how you wrote the very end. Great post!

Wanda Brown said...

There are many people who never hear their small voice. I am glad you are not one of them. That voice has guided me most of my life...keep listening:)

T. Blauvelt said...

Its that small voice that keeps me going some days. Thanks for sharing. :)

Linda said...

Beautifully expressed! I love it when that small voice speaks to me. I wish it happened more often!

Kathy Douglas said...

You are so right, Cathy! It is a special feeling to know you are doing what you were meant to do! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

I love your line "I needed that voice." Thank you for reminding me to listen to that voice.

hillyvanillee said...

This is so true. I love the closing line. In spite of the demands, you know you are called.

Ruth Ayres said...

I'm glad you heard this voice today. I hope you're listening for it every day. :)
Ruth