Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Love

Readers, I have to tell you the truth.  You deserve it.  I am in love.  I know most of you are just now finding out and you are probably wondering why I didn't share the lead-up to this amazing feeling.  Well...it kind of crept up on me.  I wasn't really watching for it (that's when they say it always happens), but wow, it was a little on the fast side.

I'm super excited when I get to hang out with the one that I love and I'm glad to be able to say it out loud.  I want to shout it from the rooftops that I am in love!  I want to tell people as they walk by me on the street.  That would kind of be weird though!

It really did happen all at once.  I guess there have been some signs lately, but I just ignored them and went on in my daily life, wondering if something was building.

I guess when you spend more time together, you really do cultivate that relationship.

Again, friends, I am sorry you are reading it here first.  I should have told you in person, but I've kind of enjoyed keeping it to myself.

Would you like to know more about my love?  Well, keep on reading (if you haven't gagged yet, you might soon).

I am in love with my shoulders!  Yes, I said it!  They are some of the most amazing specimens of muscle-toned arms that I could ask for!

I've been taking a new class on Saturdays and boy, does it kick my butt!  However, the results are amazing!  My shoulders are toned and when I take Zumba on Tuesdays, I cannot help but stare and make body-builder poses.

And to top it all off, I invited our health survey lady (not sure what her real title is) to come back after our December blood screening to test my body fat again.  The ideal range they wanted is from low 20's to 33%.  I was bummed that I was at 34.2%.  Having never been in the ideal range, I wanted to see if I had achieved it yet.

She popped in today while the kids were at gym (however, some popped back in right when she was getting ready to weigh me.  I shooed them out really fast.  

The number now????  31.6%  That's right!!!  Down since the beginning of December.  My weight?  Well, that's a different story of why I don't know that number (thanks K and M).  

Tonight, I am happy.  I am happy with the number (excited to see it keep going down though).  I am proud of my work.  After all, I am in love with my shoulders and soon, I hope to love my hips and legs as well.

8 comments:

Jaana said...

Fabulous!!!!! I loved reading your slice! Going on one directions (at least that is what is what I thought and then changing the course! Isn't that what good writers do?

CMacWW said...

And just when I was ready to read about this perfect guy! I rejoined Weight Watchers this month and am back to exercising and eating right. I appreciated most that you have noticeable results since December. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dana said...

Funny lead up.I did not expect it to be your shoulders. ;) Congrats on kicking some butt!

drferreriblogspot.com said...

You sure had me going! Love the way you kept us reading!

Sprice said...

EnThis is so much fun. You had me convinced you were in love with a person! Clever slice. I loved this. did you know that muscle weighs more than fat? If you aren't losing as. Much. Weight that might be it! You go girl! I'm so proud of you. You have come a long way. Thanks for sharing! happy slicing! :)

Pettit said...

You go! There is nothing more exciting than that! Keep it up!!!

Linda said...

Oh, what fun your slice was to read! I loved the suspense! Congrats on those shoulders!

Deb Gaby said...

You had us all fooled. : )
Congrats on those shoulders.