Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Voices

If my students knew how I wrote down about them, I think they'd stop talking.

My talker announced that he doesn't hear his thinking voice. I quickly dismiss it, letting him know I'll meet with him, knowing that a few days practice will help. A few days later, I was getting ready to conference with another reader and he lets me know in his normal voice (because the Talker doesn't know softer levels yet) that he remembered that I was going to work with him, and can we work now?

I pulled him over by me and then told him to say his name out loud. Then he was to say his name inside his head. You could see the lightbulb go off. With a big, "Oh...I do hear it all the time. Maybe I hear it, I just don't know it."

Oh Talker, you hit the nail on the head!!! I wish all students had that amazing light bulb experience you had!

No comments: