Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for many things.

Friday night I slept outside on our courthouse lawn to raise awareness of the homeless problem in my town. It was eye opening. When you have to go to the bathroom at 5:30 in the morning, you can't just get up and roll to the bathroom that is 4 feet away. It was cold. The traffic was awful and some idiot rode by on his motorcycle and revved his engine. Idiot. I wonder about how they shower, where they find food, where do they put their belongings. It makes me excited about the mission organization that I am working with right now on Wednesday nights. They are in the process of renovating a building to have a permanent homeless shelter.

I am thankful for this parent that works at my school. She leaves me notes of encouragement. I find them everywhere...my lunchbox, my computer, my school bag. On Friday, we went to the zoo and she left me one in my bag. I so adore her!

I am thankful for a friend who sent me verses. They were amazing and the constant theme throughout all of them were hope. When I take my eyes off of me and remind myself what truly is important, life is better.

I am thankful for my sister and my mom. They constantly are buying and giving supplies to my classroom. I am truly grateful for their small sacrifice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! It sounds like God is showing you how much He loves you through each of these blessings. -MH

Stacey said...

So much for us all to be thankful for.

Good for you for sleeping outside to see what it's really like. I'm sure your level of empathy has increased now that you have experienced it firsthand.