Friday, June 11, 2010

Randomness

I am in awe of others.

Tonight I ran into a friend :) while looking at the hammocks at Kohl's. She (without hesitation) helped me carry the hammock in a box from the back of the store to my car and then had coffee with me afterwards and updated me on small parts of her life.

This summer I have a roommate. She amazes me. While she's young, I admire her attention to serving others. She's taken supplies to our church without hesitation. She returned a book for me. She joined me for two six a.m. workouts this week. She loves giving back massages and gave me one tonight (my neck and upper back have hurt for the past six weeks).

I have other friends that remember almost every detail of my life and those around them. My jaw drops when they ask me about minute things in my life. I want to be like that for them.

I hope that by the end of the summer, I am able to be more like my friends. I hope that I listen to the Holy Spirit and do as He asks me. Give as He asks. Speak as He asks. Be as He asks.

No comments: