Friday, March 5, 2010

The Inner Dialogue

Since I live alone, most of my spoken conversation occurs at school, especially when I get there. However, this morning I had a conversation (out loud at times) with myself. As I was driving, I noticed the clouds were once again dancing in the sky with the lights. But as I kept driving, more and more clouds were interfering with my view. In fact, Wal-Mart wasn't visible until I drove by it. I wouldn't have been able to see Kohl's, except the lights were on and helped frame the inside of the building. And my conversation began.

"Seriously, thanks to ISTEP, we don't have a delay. Stupid ISTEP. This fog is bad. Really bad. In fact, bad with a capital B."

I kept driving.

"Unbelievable. This is two-pole fog. I can't even see oncoming cars till they're a quarter of a mile away."

"I can't believe the buses are out. Why do we not have a delay? Ugh, stupid standardized testing."

Continuing my drive...

"Hey, when there aren't any oncoming cars, this fog is kind of peaceful." Honestly, some of my favorite drives are the kind where the fog comes rolling in and makes me feel like the presence of God has descended upon me and I'm the only one around to be embraced.

As I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car, I checked my cell phone (because stranger things have happened). Sure enough, my student teacher texted me...two hour delay. I also had a voicemail. I smiled...and then walked in to my room to enjoy two peaceful hours in my classroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously hope those two hours of quiet time were the most productive two hours of your week!