Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Can you smell it?

Today was rough. Rough. Enough to cause me to contemplate opening the bottle of wine in my fridge (I think I'll be having one glass tonight after a walk with a friend).

It went from great to bad to worse to horrendous and then back to great again.

As I walked the bus students out to their busses, a student I had last year walked by me. He stopped, looked around, and then looked at me with innocence in his eyes and said, "It smells like summer."

Alas, dear one, it does. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and students are noticing. Oh, are they noticing.

Thankfully, tomorrow is our last day and then Spring Break begins (Can I get an Amen?). Time to celebrate slicing through March with a beautiful day and taking notice of it. Sometimes I just need to be reminded.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Here's your Amen! They are noticing. They are sick of each other. They are ready for break and therefore so are we! One more day - full of sunshine and probably lots of April Fool's jokes. I think writing outside tomorrow is in order. Perhaps reading and science too. --Beth

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
Your day sounds like mine--

We are so ready for a break as well--one more day.

I hope your break is wonderful.

GirlGriot said...

I have to say ... I'm the one who's been in need of spring break! I hit a wall about ten days ago, and I was just ready to be out of the classroom for a while. Thank goodness break started last Friday!

Enjoy your time off! It's been great getting to read your slices again.
~~Stacie