Monday, January 4, 2010

Choosing Attitude

Chalk it up to hormones or cabin fever or whatever, I have been a little more cranky about living alone. Tonight was no exception. I chose to work out again after a workout with some of my co-workers. We have had some snow (and by some I mean at least 4 to 6 inches). Instead of heading back out onto the snowy roads to watch The Bachelor with some other girlfriends, I headed out to shovel my driveway (because who knows how much more snow we're going to get). As I was shoveling, I was irritated. My thoughts...it'd be nice to have a snowblower, it'd be nice to have someone else to shovel the driveway, it'd be nice if a random stranger came and plowed my driveway, it'd be nice to have a boyfriend, how wonderful (catch the sarcasm) that my friends all have guys that can shovel their driveway. I caught myself, because there are women (and men) who live alone that physically CANNOT shovel their driveway. I then thanked God that I have the physical strength and can shovel it. I thanked God that I have a house to walk back into that has heat and food to eat. I really don't have it all that bad. I have to ben intentional with my attitude. It's a good thing...

No comments: