Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanks be to God...

I've been afraid of flying for many years and yes, I've always heard that it's safer than driving (however, I am going to step out and trust my faith more than my fear and go to Honduras in July for a week long mission trip). Friday night I was coming back from shopping with one of my small group girls and bringing her back from school so she could go back home for the weekend. I had just met her mother and dropped her off and was sitting at a stoplight, waiting for it to turn green. Suddenly, a booming noise and a giant lurch of my car clued me into something bad had happened. What it was took me a bit to figure out...I seriously sat there (it felt like time was just slowly ticking) for a bit and then it dawned on me that I had been hit. I cannot describe how the sound and noise occurred at the same time...it was all encompassing.

After getting out of the car, I was extremely relieved...there's really only two or three paint scratches on the back of my car. I'm going to take it in this week to have the body checked out, just to make sure. It could have been so much worse. I am thankful that it wasn't any worse. It does make me a little leary now watching the people as they come behind me. It takes a lot of trust in others as they drive. It wasn't my fault...it was hers. But everyday, we place our lives in other's hands as they make decisions.

No comments: