Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Amazed...

I sat tonight in a Bible study about learning to say no. When I began the journey of reading through the Bible, I had no clue how God was going to weave the details of the OT with anything. From talking with my friend last week and then sitting and listening tonight, I am blown away and humbled. He not only brought in the yoke and part of His character from Moses, but also specific statements made by my friend last week.

To take on Jesus' yoke is to be willing to let go of control and to acknowledge that He is the Lord of my life. Jesus is the source of my rest.

Lately, I feel like I've been a little more short tempered with some of my students...tonight the leader said that in our own strength we burn up and snap...I need to repeatedly bow my head and take Jesus' yoke upon myself. I cannot do it all on my own.

I'm so grateful I began the journey of learning about God through reading His word to me...and even more grateful that He would choose to intertwine and weave a beautiful picture of who He is through Scripture and Bible study and fellowship with others.

No comments: