Thursday, July 9, 2009

Long time no post...

I haven't posted because my internet has been sketchy plus I've taken a break. Not sure what to post at times is another excuse.

However, i recently returned from our high school church camp down in Panama City Beach. It was interesting to say the least. It was a year that was hard because out of my small group girls, only one was attending and I didn't really know many of the students. Most of the leaders who were going were also younger and I felt VERY out of my element. Plus, right before, there was a frustrating family event.

Looking back, it was a wonderful time to dive into the Word, enjoy the presence of the Lord as I watched the ocean roll in, corporately worship with 1500 students and leaders, and just in general, step out of my comfort zone and try to meet people.

There were a few points brought up in the messages that caused me to evaluate myself. I am trying to be more in the present rather than focusing on what I still have to do and taking my attention off of who I am with or what I am doing at the present time.

I also bought several new praise songs off of iTunes...love Hillsong and Chris Tomlin. Excited for the talents of these people!

No comments: