Sunday, May 31, 2009

Flattered

Tonight was our last "official" youth night at church as we break for summer schedule. I am humbled and flattered that three of my six senior girls came tonight simply because they knew I was going to be there. After we got our ice cream, one mentioned that they wanted to talk. We all walked over and sat on the pavement and I realized then, that talking was simply what they wanted to do. They didn't need a deep conversation, they just wanted to be together, away from the others. Tonight was somewhat of a good-bye night. Tonight moves us onto a new chapter. Tonight, I am simply flattered. I have journeyed with these girls through ups and downs and have seen amazing growth and transformation...I am in awe that I had the pleasure to be a part of their life. Thank you girls!!!

No comments: