Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Truth, not Lies

Today is a PMS day. Sorry to the guys who actually read this! I took a Zumba class tonight because I am running tomorrow and wanted something different. It was hard to pick up the steps and to try and make my hips swing like they should just wasn't working. Plus, I'm feeling frumpy and big and fat. When the class ended, I did the best thing that I could for myself.

I marched myself upstairs and pulled my skinny pants out of the closet. Okay, they used to be skinny pants, now they're my can't keep them on jeans. They literally fall off me. I reminded myself that I am not where I was. I am where I need to be right now. I am being healthy and taking care of myself and that's what's important. So, I'm not a size 2...I can run and I can enjoy life.

A dear friend sent an e-mail to me and it reminded me to know the truth, regardless of what I'm feeling...very true! I'm also reading an amazing book, Crazy Love, and will blog about that soon, but I also need to remember that there are some things in life that are not that important to worry about and that I need to depend on Him completely. Feeling frumpy, but knowing that He thinks I'm beautiful is one of those things!!!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

So true! I have taken Zumba and it is a difficult class to get on the first few times...I have had to really let down my guard and just move my body b/c I just don't do that kind of stuff! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to have some confirmation that you are not going back to "that place" and you are doing the best you can, which is amazing BTW!

Hang in there, Cathy...you're beautiful to God and to me!

Ward said...

Ok.. speaking for the guys.. TMI!!

Passng along a funny I received from a friend.. enjoy!


11 Things PMS Stands For

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6. Provide Me Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Pack My Stuff