Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 10 is missing...

Where did March 10 go? I was talking with our writing coach this morning and was a little bummed that I had not won on the 31 days slice of life challenge when I had written on all of the days. I went over my posts this evening and somehow March 10 didn't get a post...how that happened, I don't know. Life happened that day...but what exactly, who knows?

I didn't win...but what I did win was a more confident approach in my writing. I'm able to speak more to my students about my writing and what I do as a writer. I've tried out different techniques and paid more attention to writing. I'm a better writer. I did win and so did my students. They gained a teacher who truly wants to push them because they have something to share too...I wish you could read what they come up with...they are amazing and talented. The writing and reading workshop in our rooms could last for hours and hours if I would let them. I love where my class is right now...

No comments: