Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sweetness...slice of life

As I finished up the teaching for the students in Sunday School, I headed into the office to check my e-mail. I saw a boy dive onto the floor and noticed that he and his dad were having some grand old time just being a dad and his son. As I greeted them, I kept walking and heard "Pretty."

I wasn't quite sure what the little boy had said, so I asked him, "What?"

He replied, "I said you're pretty." Seriously, I felt the goodness of the compliment warm my entire being.

What a beautiful little boy...and how sweet. That one tender comment made my morning...and knowing that his family is raising him and nurturing that tender spirit is amazing!

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Gotta love kids and their willingness to just say what is on their minds.

Letterpress said...

I love these little "atta boys" that the universe sends. What a treasure!

Elizabeth
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/