Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sweetness...

I greet each child at the beginning of our day at our Morning Meeting. I help the students learn new language and respect at the same time. One of my students told me that she knew how to say good morning in Spanish. She greeted me and then I greeted her back and had a great idea all at once. I asked if she would greet each child. It was wonderful. She greeted everyone and they greeted her. I smiled a huge smile on the inside.

Another one of my students has been using his microscope to "scope" out words as he calls it. I'm trying to figure out how I can use this in our reading workshop! He uses the microscope to zoom in on words and magnify them...if you have any ideas, let me know. I'm thinking something to do with noticing great words for vocabulary!

No comments: