Monday, August 25, 2008

So far...

Well, I've now had roughly five days with my new cherubs. Many people ask how's it going? To be honest, I can't say yet. I see some great things and am reminded of how "trained" I had my last class. I know my students love informational text and certain topics already....I can see a dragon project for the year (to keep three of my boys busy). I also am noticing how well they use their words to show politeness. I notice that they have not perfected keeping their hands to themselves yet, but we'll work on that. I have some really sweet students and I'm sure I'll have lots of stories to tell this year! They are talkative, so I am hoping that we'll be able to channel their thoughts and ideas into our workshops and keep them learning.

I do have to say that the hardest part of the year is just getting back into a routine and getting up early...ugh!

No comments: