Friday, August 8, 2008

A poem of my own...

Granted...I feel safe most days, but when sharing my writing, this can be one of the scariest times for me as a person. I think it comes from wanting people's approval. However, I am putting this out there because 1) I am proud of it, 2) I need to be able to talk with my students about my journey as a writer, and 3) I love the people that read my blog and wanted to share it with you.

Background knowledge - it's supposed to be a poem for two voices (not sure how the formatting will turn out...just and fyi) I am the text that is plain, God is italicized, and together we are bold.

Desires

Striving
to see who I am
You are a child of of the great I AM

Wanting
to know I'm loved
I have loved you with an everlasting love
Seeking
for approval
I have called you by name - you are mine.
Longing
for satisfaction
Be still and know that I am God
for you!

1 comment:

Mrs. Johnson said...

Your poem is great! Thanks for sharing it!