Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mini Indy


I traveled to Indy with 35,000 other runners and walkers to participate in the mini-Indy (13.1 miles). I finished in 2:43:37. I secretly wanted to finish in under 3 hours and run as much of it as I could. If I picked up a Gatorade or water, I walked through it so I could drink and not slosh it everywhere. I weaved in and out of LOTS of people and at about mile 12 I walked about half of a block to cool down my body a little. I then finished it up with a strong sprint at the end. I hurt now...especially my left knee. But...I finished!!! My sister and her boyfriend had come with me and surprised me at the end with a bouquet of flowers. They truly made my day (if you read old posts, this would be the same boyfriend that helped my sister dumpster dive). I've included a few photos.


Those are socks on my hands. My friend, Katie, recommended to wear them to keep my hands warm before the race. I threw them away as I began my journey. No, I did not create sock puppets and have them talk to each other.


On the journey...

Afterwards, with my sister at her apartment complex.

4 comments:

Live, Laugh, Love! said...

Cathy! YOU DID IT!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! You go, girl! I prayed for you this morning...I'm so glad to hear how well you did! You're awesome!

Stacia

Jen Barney said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!
How cool and how wonderful!!1

Sarah Amick said...

I just wanted you to know that I thought of you that day! So excited for you! Your insides are really starting to match your outside too! Love you inside out!