Sunday, March 9, 2008

Slice of Life Challenge #10 - Inside Out

Tonight at our youth group, we had our worship service. One of the songs we sang is called From the Inside Out and Hillsong sings it. Part of the lyrics are -

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise

Over the past two years (keep reading...the slice will make sense), I have wanted God to be glorified with my weight loss. I want my body to reflect the change He has made in my life. Today at church, I had an amazing woman who heard just a tiny part of my story and wanted to talk more after church. I shared and was open and honest with the demons that haunt me with my eating. I have always wanted God to get the credit. A lot of spiritual healing has occurred and I finally am feeling like the beautiful person inside is beginning to show on the outside.

When singing these lyrics tonight at ONE, it reminds be to be open and honest with the battle in order to bring praise back to God. The lyrics ring true of what I want and the brief 30 seconds was enough to remind myself of what I need to be doing.

No comments: