Monday, October 29, 2007

Milk DUD!

Okay, since this blog is about me becoming myself...I am posting a more personal note. Just to get it out of my head and be done with it. For those who don't me...over the past two years I have lost a bit of weight. I'm able to shop in different stores and wear sizes I never thought I'd buy. I actually even feel pretty more days than not when I look in the mirror.

Sunday, my friends had a costume party...I looked on the net and came up with a "cloudy with a chance of showers" costume. I bought a gray night gown...instead of blue scrubs. The night gown ended up being too see through, so I decided just to do black pants and a black shirt. I attached the clouds onto my body and grabbed my water bottle to spray for the showers part. As I pulled up into the party...one of the guys got out of his truck and said, "Hey, Cathy, are you a cow?"

How is it that one comment can plummet how I feel about myself? I ended up taking off the clouds, threw them away, and basically moped for a while...I couldn't get the comment out of my head. Just when I think I am winning the battle on my self-image, one comment throws me for a loop. I know he didn't mean anything about my body...he is a wonderful guy and later even asked if I've lost more weight...I just mentally put myself back into the body that I used to be and forgot to see all of the changes that have happened.

Our church is doing a seminar on eating disorder or disordered eating next week. I am really excited to go. I know I don't always have a healthy view on food and I'm excited to see what kinds of changes occur through it...

Thanks to all who read this...this blog is one for me that allows me to sometimes just share what's on my heart. I've been so blessed by all of you who read and leave me comments...thanks for all the ideas and just knowing that there are others out there that hear me.

3 comments:

Dina said...

way to be brave and post a very real and honest blog. Thanks for sharing and you look FABULOUS!

Jen Barney said...

you'll never know how much your blog means to me right now. i am at the opposite side... i've gained A LARGE amount of weight. it's a battle and at times i feel as though i am losing...
you are brave, and amazing... continue with the journey. be safe, and be happy!

Ruth Ayres said...

cathy --
thanks so much for sharing. i appreciate your honesty & genuiness in this post. Genuine was my OLW (one little word) for 2007 & you inspire me to be just that -- genuine. Thank you. BTW -- I think "cloudy with a chance of showers is an absolutely adorable costume & I bet you were absolutely adorable in it. Today, in your room, I was thinking what a pretty smile you had as you conferred with one of your students. keep on keeping on -- it'll be okay. :)