Thursday, March 1, 2007

What have I created?

Okay, so I've been trying new elements of Reading Workshop and trying Writing Workshop this year in a more productive way. Yesterday, one of my boys told me about how he uses the writting workshop lesson and looks for it when he reads during his choice time. I had him share this idea yesterday with the class...it was already bad to begin with. Bad meaning, kids come up constantly to me during their reading to tell me what they think about their book or something that they notice or parts they find funny...well, yesterday, I had kids showing me conversation (we're studying dialogue), the -er and -est words, and connections that they had a book because of other books we've read this year.

I know it's a good thing and I'm going to have to work on managing their comments and thoughts during Reading Workshop. I've created little reading monsters. Got to love it!

No comments: