Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Honduras finally...

I'm finally back from visiting my dad and am able to post some of my journal entries while I was in Honduras. To those of you who read my blog and have already heard many of my stories, thank you! It means so much to me that you want to hear them. While I was visiting my dad, I was kind of bummed because they didn't really ask about the trip. My dad made the comment that people here need the help too, why go to Honduras. It was hard to answer him, because he isn't a walking believer. However, I am on a mission to collect more boy clothing and when we went to garage sales, he would help me check to see if there was clothing before we went on. That was thoughtful of him. I just don't know if he knows how to ask questions about the trip. I volunteered what I could...

Sunday 7/11

I finished reading your Word for the first time. What an honor (and to do it in Honduras)! I feel like now I desire to daily fill myself with your Word. However, I know I watch too much TV...therefore, maybe I could only watch one hour and use the other time to read more, give more, be where you want me more.

What glorious beauty surrounds me here. Let me soak it in! I've definitely missed out on what You've created. However, You can restore us, so Father may You honor where I am now and keep pushing me towards your will. I pray that this week holds unbelievable truth as well as amazing glimpses of your presence!

Psalm 92 NLT

1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to the Most High.
2 It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
your faithfulness in the evening,
3 accompanied by the ten-stringed harp
and the melody of the lyre.

4 You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done.
5 O Lord, what great works you do!
And how deep are your thoughts.


We visited an orphanage and nutrition center today. My heart breaks! So many kids and so few adults to help. Who shows them the love? I think of how much individual time I give the baby that I watch this summer.



We went to a place called the River. Wow...shacks. Kids with nothing. Crowding around us as we passed out candy and bubbles.



At each village, a drama will be presented showing how Jesus heals. What stood out though, was when the director told the guy playing Jesus that in His perfect timing He'll heal them...they have to watch him. Isn't that true? God does heal us and give us what we need...in HIS perfect timing. I can rest in that!!!


No comments: