Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Welcoming Wake-up Call

I set my cell phone alarm last night and when it went off this morning, I chose to snooze it and savor my last five minutes in my warm bed. I was currently being held in place by my down comforter and didn't feel the need to get out of the bed yet. As I laid there with my eyes closed, my ears kicked in. The pitter patter of the rain came in loud and clear. For five minutes I listened to the sounds of pure beauty. Then it stopped suddenly, letting me know that it was all right to get up. I love rain showers and I love them even more when I can lay and listen. It was a beautiful way to wake up.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I had the same experience here in Missouri this morning. And with a two story house I get to hear the rain drop down the downspout. So nice.

Stacey said...

Oh, you're a better woman than I am. I groan and grumble, even when I have no where to go, when it's raining in the morning. Perhaps I need to start looking at gray, dreary days in a different way.

Kari said...

Your post makes me feel calm and relaxed. What a nice way to start your day.

Amanda Villagómez said...

I agree with Kari, your post does a great job of setting the tone of how you felt. I also love listening to the rain.

Katy said...

That IS a great way to wake up - as long as it's a weekend! It's nice to have a positive spin on things since it seems a lot of us have a lot of rain to look forward to!