Saturday, March 13, 2010

Out of date


I made a stop today in JCPenney's and was shocked and thought I had traveled back in time. I'm no fashion diva, but I like to think that I know what's in style (even though it may not look good on me).

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a denim tube top. Interesting, I thought. Upon further investigation, I discovered that it wasn't a tube top, it was a shirt connected to shorts. Also known as a romper.

A romper? Yes, reader, you read right. Apparently, rompers are back in style. For those of you who want to journey back in time when you were a child and your mother put you in onesies, you will be extremely happy!

And heading to Target made me even happier! While trying on a dress, I overheard a girl explain (in the dressing room) that the shirt she had picked out actually had legs in it. Yes, it's another romper! I quickly jumped out of my dressing room and asked to see it. She said that she felt like she was seven again.

And if any of you have bought a romper lately, let me know how it goes for you!

7 comments:

beth said...

Oh my gosh - this takes me back. What's next? Jumpsuits? I do not relish the idea of peeling everything down just to use the restroom! This is one fashion trend I will not support - I'm too old for it anyway! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

The only memory I have of rompers involves Crissy from "Three's Company"! My father would never have allowed one of those in our hosue. :)

I saw a girl wearing stirrup pants and ballet flats at the movie last week and had the same reaction.

Thinking Aloud said...

Funny, we feel the same way! I too wrote about my shopping experience and the return of the romper.

Amanda Villagómez said...

It is always funny to see fashion trends that come and go. My sister recently wrote about this fashion "trend" that she could not believe. http://sexandtheknitty.blogspot.com/2010/03/id-rather-run-barefoot.html

GirlGriot said...

It's so interesting to see the things that come back. Who decides these (sometimes really weird) styles should be in-style again? A romper? We used to have to wear them for our gym uniforms when I was in high school. There is no way you'd catch me in one today!

TeacherMom said...

Oh my gosh, I had the same experience last night. I took my daughter shopping and Holister had a romper that looked exactly like my middle school gym uniform. Blue and white stripped top with blue bottoms. It brought upon a ptsd flashback of middle school gym!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I cannot even imagine myself in a romper, blech! :)

Stacia