Saturday, March 13, 2010

Out of date


I made a stop today in JCPenney's and was shocked and thought I had traveled back in time. I'm no fashion diva, but I like to think that I know what's in style (even though it may not look good on me).

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a denim tube top. Interesting, I thought. Upon further investigation, I discovered that it wasn't a tube top, it was a shirt connected to shorts. Also known as a romper.

A romper? Yes, reader, you read right. Apparently, rompers are back in style. For those of you who want to journey back in time when you were a child and your mother put you in onesies, you will be extremely happy!

And heading to Target made me even happier! While trying on a dress, I overheard a girl explain (in the dressing room) that the shirt she had picked out actually had legs in it. Yes, it's another romper! I quickly jumped out of my dressing room and asked to see it. She said that she felt like she was seven again.

And if any of you have bought a romper lately, let me know how it goes for you!

7 comments:

beth said...

Oh my gosh - this takes me back. What's next? Jumpsuits? I do not relish the idea of peeling everything down just to use the restroom! This is one fashion trend I will not support - I'm too old for it anyway! Yikes!

alotalot said...

The only memory I have of rompers involves Crissy from "Three's Company"! My father would never have allowed one of those in our hosue. :)

I saw a girl wearing stirrup pants and ballet flats at the movie last week and had the same reaction.

Thinking Aloud said...

Funny, we feel the same way! I too wrote about my shopping experience and the return of the romper.

Mrs. V said...

It is always funny to see fashion trends that come and go. My sister recently wrote about this fashion "trend" that she could not believe. http://sexandtheknitty.blogspot.com/2010/03/id-rather-run-barefoot.html

GirlGriot said...

It's so interesting to see the things that come back. Who decides these (sometimes really weird) styles should be in-style again? A romper? We used to have to wear them for our gym uniforms when I was in high school. There is no way you'd catch me in one today!

TeacherMom said...

Oh my gosh, I had the same experience last night. I took my daughter shopping and Holister had a romper that looked exactly like my middle school gym uniform. Blue and white stripped top with blue bottoms. It brought upon a ptsd flashback of middle school gym!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I cannot even imagine myself in a romper, blech! :)

Stacia