Before me lays a spiral book filled with 32 blank squares. A blank canvas for the week. Markings of a pencil set ideas into motion for the week of what I want to see my students understand...white dominates the pencil scratches.
Some weeks it's almost overwhelming to plan. I like to go just a few days at a time to allow changes and movements of what I think we'll cover. Other days like I feel like an impostor and a procrastinator.
My goals for this week?
- learn how to write a letter to someone to tell them about the real reading that occurred
- explanation of the rubric that will be used to grade that letter
- diving deeper into writing dialogue for some of my writers who are not using all of the conventions correctly
- mastering objectives in students' AM libraries and for two girls to write down their math sentences
- learn homonyms and begin studying them for a quiz (students will create pictures and sentences to illustrate them)