Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Sigh of Relief...slice of life

All the text said is, "I'm home."

And that right there began the giant smile that is on my face and lets me feel that I am complete again.

I drove over to my mom's after I took a short nap (running trails is hard) and as I got closer, the smile grew. When I walked into my mom's kitchen, there she was standing there. In her hands was my sister's messenger bag. In the bag was a styrofoam sleeve covering my MacBook. It was finally fixed and brought back to my hometown by my mom who had met my sister halfway in between our two towns.

I looked at her and we both sighed at once. Relief. I opened the bag gingerly, brought out the bag and pulled the MacBook out and we just looked at it. It's amazing how just having it again makes me feel normal.

Ahhh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get it! My liitle black Mac laptop is like family to me. Congratulations on your reunion!
~T-Dawg

Becky said...

Well crafted! Several times through your piece I shifted my predictions of the meaning of "I'm home". Now I get it.