Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What I've Learned...and what others have learned about me.

Today had to have been one of the most embarrassing! I was running at the gym and while I was there, nature called. It normally does when I run. So, I did what I had to do and then I sprayed. As I left the bathroom, I hopped back onto the treadmill and began to run again. Well...apparently some smell wafted out and one of the guys at the gym made a comment about what I did in there. If I could have crawled under the equipment, I would have. There were only three other guys there while I was...but oh wow. I don't think my face has ever been so red before. - Lesson learned...spray, wait, waft it around, and spray once more to make sure no smell lingers.

I earned two blisters this weekend during a run. While working out yesterday, they opened a bit. Today, they bled! I wrapped them again (and was noted by one of the guys at the gym that I looked like I had grandma socks on - I guess I should be flattered he was still looking at me - see story above) and finished my run and lifting. I took the wraps off and decided to use the liquid bandage I had bought from CVS. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
I don't think I have ever felt such pain from putting it on an open flesh wound. Lesson learned - do not put liquid bandage on open wounds unless you feel like yelling and making a fool of yourself.

I'm glad I can laugh at myself and I guess that I can say that the guys officially think I'm one of them. :)

1 comment:

Sarah Amick said...

Great stories! Nature doesn't call when I work out but man does the gas get bubbly! I can always blame it on the dogs, or the lawn mowers drown it out! Treadmill vs outdoors. Course if nature always calls for you then the outdoors wouldn't be so great!
Glad to see you are still at it!
BTW: love, love, love Biggest Loser! Jillian is my favorite trainer!