Saturday, March 1, 2008

Slice of Life #2 (a trip with me)

Gather all of my bags, grab what I need. Pull, adjust, move, rearrange, stretch! Throw my hat on and push the door open. Take a left and head straight. Jog over a bit, then take the road all the way. Little dogs run out...no problem! Run across 15. Straight, turn left then right immediately. Go to the corner. Take the left and run through the intersections. Then the long stretch...take the road straight and into the wind. Keep going...almost there...get to the housing addition. Whew, take a turn and the wind changes. I can do this. Get back out on the long road, but the wind pushes me now. Run along 15 and pray people are watching what they are doing. Take a right onto 4th...I'm almost there! Whew, there's the school. Take the sidewalk. Drop off my extra clothes that made me too hot and get ready to do it all again. Run it again with the same attitude, I can do this! A day in the life of a mini-marathon trainer. You just took the journey of 6.6 miles. Are you tired?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as they're about the day you're living, you're in great shape! :)

Jane said...

Yes, that did tire me out! Good thing I am not the runner!

GirlGriot said...

I would certainly not be able to run that 6.6 miles with you! When's your next mini-marathon?

Jane said...

That was a good run you took me on! Thanks for doing all the work!
~jane swanson