Friday, December 14, 2007

Cinderella

We went and saw Cinderella today. It was the Rodgers and Hammerstein version (spelling?). It was so neat to watch my kids through the show. Their faces were so sweet and especially one boy who just lit up when he caught the humor. He's currently studying the Titanic...isn't it cool what reading does? I also loved how they were predicting and inferring throughout the show.

In January, we are going to study non-fiction and the art of questioning. I am going to start questioning next week. Does anyone have great books they use that spark lots of questions?

Should be interesting...I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Mrs. Johnson said...

I love it when skills transfer and you can see the light bulbs go on! I will think about the books.

Jen Barney said...

ooooh... I love using Tough Boris. I don't read it at first, we just go through the pictures and get questions out there, then we go back and read it. We discuss if the questions were answered by text, discussion, pictures... etc.