Saturday, November 10, 2007

Funnies from my room

I absolutely love my class! They bring me such joy and I just have to share some fun little stories that my cherubs or siblings of tell me.
  • One of my boys wasn't there yet, but his brother walked by the room and told me that his brother wouldn't be there because he had the 21 fever...don't know what that is, but I bet I don't want to catch it!
  • Another one of my boys, who is extremely bright, but sometimes the common sense isn't always there, was in the restroom. I heard a thud, then a few minutes (and yes I mean minutes) later, I heard other noise coming from the bathroom. I decided to investigate and just listened in with my ear close to the door...the noise was humming. As I listened and tried to catch the tune, a distinct song came to my mind...The Star Spangled-Banner!
  • Every morning I greet the students, "Good morning, name of student," and they reply back with "Good morning, Miss Laker." Well, this same boy (from the bathroom) decided to one up me. I recently began greeting them in new languages, French and Spanish to start off with. He came up one morning and greeted me, "Buenos tardes"...the next morning it was "Buenos tardes, Senor Laker." I didn't have the heart to tell him that he said, "Good night, Mr. Laker." I just had to smile and greet him back.

No comments: