Wednesday, March 7, 2007

One Down...Too Many To Go

Well, the first reading conferences seemed to go smooth. I know next year will be better because I will have read all of my books that I am purchasing to help teach reading in a better way. Most of the conferences seemed to go over tricky words, which I know is important still in second grade. I learned my lesson in writing workshop that there is more to a conference than editing and spelling...that's kinda my view of reading workshop, there's got to be more than tricky words. I know it will come, but if you have any topics and ideas, post away!!!

1 comment:

Ruth Ayres said...

Have you read Mosaic of Thought by Ellin Keene? I've just skimmed it, but it is next up in my reading life. Mrs. Bean lives by it in her reading workshop! (If that's not a reason to read it, I don't know what is!)

Very cool the way you're posting the realities of teaching & your genuine feelings about it all.

Your last post makes me want to go kick some college professor bootie -- you are a wonderful writer -- keep on, keep on!