Thursday, June 11, 2015

I lied...

Well, I lied.  Mostly to myself.

My husband and I found the cutest, biggest dream home.  It's a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, with an amazing kitchen, potential room for a library, a three-seasons room, and a wrap-around porch.

The problem?  We should sell our current home.  Yes, thankfully, right now we are blessed with enough finances to handle two mortgages for a few months, but I'd rather let go of this one and move on to the next one.

Closing on the new house is July 31 (six weeks from now) or when we sell this home.

Tuesday was the day of signing all of the paperwork. Bam!  Signage in the yard happened.

And a few showings happened.  One on Tuesday (probably not).  Four on Wednesday (heard from two of them - one is considering is and one thought it was too small).  We have another showing tonight.

I lied.  Many of my friends have said, "You'll sell it in a week."

So I was holding out for a miracle.  A 24 hour miracle.

Granted, I don't know what the other two showings or tonight will bring, but I was secretly hoping that one person would see it and we'd have an offer.

I wanted a quick fix.  But anything worth getting is not worth a quick fix, right?

No comments: