What I've learned in those short five months...and am still learning!
- I'm not as nice of a person as people think I am. Nate is so incredibly kind and patient and works with me when I show a side that often, only he sees.
- I'm not looking forward to the summer. I've been home alone today (he's now working!) and wish he was here with me. It's nice just knowing he's in the house.
- I have a lot of stuff! We might be moving...We found the perfect home (to me) and if all goes according to our plan (Did I just jinx it?), we will move about thirty minutes north of my hometown. This would allow Nate to be within three miles of work and put me about the same distance from school. This also lets him be closer to his brother and gets me completely out of my comfort zone. Completely scary!!!
- Communication is key! He cannot read my mine as much as I think he can.
- I love him! God crafted him incredibly well to complement me. He lets me be me and loves me in spite of it.
- We have very different working styles. He gets it done. I take my time (procrastinate). I am striving to be more like his style (little by little).
- I have to plan dinners...It helps me create menus that will be plan friendly (which he completely supports), but offer a variety. I was fine before with popcorn and refried bean quesadillas. I guess that doesn't work every night when you live with someone else. Variety is the spice of life, right?