Friday, July 26, 2013

Waiting no more...

So, I know my readers have wondered...what was I waiting for?

Well, get your Kleenexes ready.  Or maybe your boxing gloves.

I was waiting for a phone call.  From a guy.  And it never came.

Ugh!

I had helped a co-worker with her wedding and met her cousin.  Single.  My age.  Believer.  Funny.  He asked for my contact information at the end of the wedding night (we had been in a group setting for the past two days as well).

I was stoked.

If you knew my dating history, or lack thereof, you'd have been stoked too.

I thought...maybe...maybe...maybe...this is the story that God has written for me.

But no.

He never called.  Or texted.  Why?  I don't know.

And yes, I manipulated a little and found him on Facebook, but didn't add him as a friend.  Just sent a quick message thanking him for a book recommendation.  He wrote back a few days later.  I wrote back...and nothing again.

Well, I am no longer waiting.

I don't understand...and maybe one day I will.

Not going to lie, it's been a little rough, but God has been so gracious and I've had some great quiet times and of course, some yelling matches.

I am so blessed.  And I was reminded by a dear friend that when I look to Him, He is more than enough and when I take my eyes off and begin to compare, that's when I fall into a bad trap.

So, are you now crying or are you ready to go beat someone up?  ;)

No comments: