Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm glad you see my side...

I've almost seen it all folks. I cannot tell you how many times I have to tell students to take care of certain issues. I've seen so much crack and asked so many kids to pull up their jeans because their underwear is hanging out. I've dealt with puke and snot and blood and more snot. If I had a quarter for every time that I have asked kids to blow their noses, I could send myself on a paid cruise.

Today, was no exception. I had pulled a student up on my left to talk about his math with him, when my bee-hander (that's how he lets me know he needs to talk with me without interrupting others) came up so I could tell him something.

But before I could talk to him, he HAD to go blow his nose. It was gross. It was green. And it was getting ready to drip down. I asked him to go blow his nose and my pirate lover on my left said, (I'm pretty sure in a sarcastic tone) "What? You don't like talking to people that have snot dripping down their noses?"

I replied back, "No, do you?"

"No..."

Case solved...kids, blow your noses!!!

1 comment:

GirlGriot said...

Too funny! I'm with you ... now if only my coworkers could remember the same thing!