Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flowing out of their mouths

Let's call her hummingbird. She flits and flies around the room so quickly, I often wonder how she gets from one side of the room to my hip in less than a nanosecond. Today, during our sharing time from reading workshop, Hummingbird was sharing her tricky word, jalapeno, courtesy of Skippyjon Jones. As she's talking about the word, she starts with, "Reading English isn't easy for me." Oh darling...I think she meant Spanish, but we'll see if English works too.

My complainer today was sharing about a student I had previously. He told me they are March enemies.

You just can't make this stuff up! There are days where I am so envious of my friends in their offices and cubicles, but when my kids give me so much laughter, I am thankful once again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you describe your student as "Hummingbird." I'm enjoying your blog!
~Heather, high school English teacher
Gwinn, MI