Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thinking before the trip

I journaled while I was in Honduras. I am starting to post my thinking, but am also going to be visiting my dad and won't have access to the Internet (at least fast Internet).


Background info - Cried every day from Wednesday to Wednesday...Thursday was the first day I could talk about leaving without crying.

Thursday - 7/8 - Driving home from the theatre tonight, I felt the peace. Today was the first day I could talk about leaving without crying. Anytime I began to cry, I said out loud, "In the name of Jesus, NO!" There is power in His Name. I pray I keep seeing it. A great friend told me I may not feel strong, but Christ's strength is in me. I can do this. I can step out of the way and I can let God show me Him. Let me rest in you Father!

Friday - 7/9 - 24 hours. I equate the feeling right now with the night before a race. Anticipation, nervousness, the double and triple checking bags. I'm ready for more of your presence Father. I'm ready to let you be what I draw to for strength. I need you to prove to me that you can be my Protector. I need you to show me that You can take care of me. I believe.

Saturday - 7/10 The day...As we drove into the parking lot, my friends K and M came to give me a small encouraging send off...it was so appreciated.

No comments: